"Holy Spirit, think through me till your ideas are my ideas." ~Amy Carmichael

" Holy Spirit, think through me till your ideas are my ideas.”

~ Amy Carmichael

Friday, February 7, 2014

What about 2014?

Yikes! It's already February! January was full and zipped by as fast as a full really-lived month could for me.

At the end of each year I take some time to pray and ask God to give me a focus for the following year. It usually starts around Thanksgiving, and I keep my eyes and ears open over the holidays. This year I got more than usual, and the first thing I got was a symbol. That is unusual for me. A key, or keys. Then I started singing an old hymn in the shower I hadn't thought of in years. I love when things keep coming. That's when I often write the message on our kitchen door I painted with chalkboard paint. A gift to myself was a set of chalkboard markers, so I put them to good use. Here is a photo taken of the actual door:


I then incorporated the photo into my 2014 The Documented Life Project Journal. I recently joined the Documented Life Project Art Journaling group. You can too if you would like! Just click on the link a couple of sentences back to find out more.


Here is a detail:


More typical of my Moleskine Art is the pages below that show my focuses for 2014:


KEY WORD: OPEN
KEY VERSES: MATTHEW 16:17-18 & MATTHEW 6:33
KEY SONG: hymn "Open my Eyes, that I may See"
SYMBOL: KEY/KEYS because keys open things!


2014 is well underway, but it's not too late to discover a focus. I feel expectant!

BY-THE-WAY: 
I've joined one more Art Journaling group and I'm very excited about the content! 
It is an Art Study on Identity. It is wonderful so far and I will be blogging about that soon! 



6 comments:

  1. Wow -- I LOVE your door!!! And your themes for 2014 -- I can't wait to see what things God opens up for you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, is right!! I love this door idea, had never thought to do that with mine, YAY!!! What great words and themes God has picked for you this year. How sweet that a song even came to you also, love praising the Lord. The pages look amazing and beautiful!!

    God brought me my word this year, very clear and within days of each of other. Not sure why it surprised me but it did. My word is PRAY and I'm loving it and so happy to have this word in my life and to take action with it. Looking forward to seeing where this leads you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been asking God to open my eyes and ears and my heart to what He is doing. Love the Keys! Thanks you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo awesome. I too have a great door for that but need to wait and see if that is His direction for me. My word for 2014 is "in-tune". I need to be in-tune with God so that I know His leading and hear His still small voice. That involves regular quiet time of prayer, study, and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that old hymn, as well, your kitchen door. What a lovely, useful piece of encouragement...well done! My word is God's favor and to expect His favor, goodness, mercy, grace and all good things from His righteous hands. It's all too easy to be overwhelmed by life but I choose to focus on God's favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your door, what an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a message. I read and appreciate each one.