"Holy Spirit, think through me till your ideas are my ideas." ~Amy Carmichael

" Holy Spirit, think through me till your ideas are my ideas.”

~ Amy Carmichael

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

IDENTITY Art Journal - I've been Adopted

GOOD NEWS!


The certificate above was made in Photoshop and printed on parchment paper. I had made "stamps" as photoshop brushes a few years ago, and they were perfect for this application. Then I doodled the border with a Pitt pen, cut it out and glued it down into the journal, using matte medium.  After the matte medium was dry, I painted the doodles and water drops with fluid acrylic paint.

Making the Adoption certificate based on Ephesians 1 drove the truth home that I have been adopted into God's family. I am so grateful! 

"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. 
Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, 
he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, 
part of the overall purpose he is working out 
in everything and everyone."

- Ephesians 1:11-2 in The Message


I had painted an icon of Jesus a couple years ago and made a small print of it to put in the journal. Above the certificate I wrote the verses Ephesians 1:7-8 NLT:

He is so rich in kindness and grace 
that he purchased our freedom 
with the blood of his Son 
and forgave our sins. 
He has showered his kindness on us, 
along with all wisdom 
and understanding.

Here above is the first full page spread of my Identity Journal with the flap open. 
The right hand "Pray" page is a prayer from Ephesians 1:13-21. It is a beautiful prayer to pray for oneself or for someone else, putting their name in it.



Here a a couple of looks at the details of the page.



I listen to the podcasts by Rob Davey from Church Solihull that Bernice Hopper has based the  IDENTITY art journal onThey are insightful and inspirational,  a pleasure to listen to and flow with as I journal. 



10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love the certificate and the embellishing you have added. A very powerful reminder of the truth. Thank you for sharing. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, to make an adoption certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this--your work is always gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something really wonderful to give to someone who has just come to know Christ. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Valerie,
    I love how you expand on scripture in your journaling! It's opened up a whole new window for me on how to meditate on verses. Your use of the verses on adoption really thrilled me. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at this and still can't believe how beautiful this is... the meaning is epic....and your art journeying is so heart touching....and your coloring is prefect...this is so stunning and heartfelt ....I absolutely love it.... thank you so much for sharing this with us....You've inspire me to make my own spiritual art journey....thank you again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, you are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing the gifts God has blessed you with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were just discussing in our women's bible study yesterday how important it is to know the TRUTH about who we are in Christ. These pages really are a beautiful visual reminder of our identity as daughters of the King.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your adoption papers...totally wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a message. I read and appreciate each one.