"Holy Spirit, think through me till your ideas are my ideas." ~Amy Carmichael

" Holy Spirit, think through me till your ideas are my ideas.”

~ Amy Carmichael

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

More Faith Journaling

I finished my Faith journal awhile ago, and now realized I haven't shared it. Clearly I have had too many journals going at one time. I suppose that should be expected with all that's been going on this year. What a journey… which brings me to these pages in the Faith journal, which is very similar to the journal I will be demonstrating in for the upcoming online Art Journaling Class:

"Little by little one travels far."       
- J.R.R. Tolkien


 "Trust God with all your heart
and don't try to figure everything out on your own.
Listen to God's voice in everything you do,
everywhere you go.
He is the one who will keep you on the right path."

- from Proverbs 3:5-6

Step out in faith - 
Risk failure and face the unknown.
A great journey begins with a single step.

I will not let fear of failure consume me.
I will live out my calling.

"A work in progress is a work in process. 
Each small step is a valuable part of the whole."

- Valerie Sjodin


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your art is always gorgeous, but your symbols are wonderful too. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Can't wait for the class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Valerie, lovely colour choices, the footprints are so appropriate and the birds are wonderfully drawn. So inspirational. I am working slowly on quietly on a tiny journal following your on line course. It has been a pleasure, not least as I am sharing the journey with some friends. Our work is definitely growing through the process. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. I'm so glad you are enjoying the online class. Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pages, Valerie. Your work is always so breathtaking! I'm looking forward to your online art class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I've been working on the class this week ;0)

      Delete
  5. Valerie, you are inspiring me...I've begun a new, or rather deeper, spiritual journey recently...maybe I'll start a spiritual journal, beginning with quotations or messages, & then see where it takes me...Thank you, and wishing you peace & serenity, Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Rita! I love that. Many blessings of hope and joy in your journey!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful - both in word and art!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The washy greens in these are just gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly beautiful pages and post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a message. I read and appreciate each one.